Tuesday, January 26, 2010

the stars could only get brighter



Hercules and Love Affair - Blind
Ooooh, this is love. Can't believe I didn't hear this before. It's a project by DJ Andy Butler. The song is lush and full-bodied, the beats and various other instrumentation (such as the horn, you can hear it) do not overwhelm the vocals, which is unique sounding. The closest I'm reminded of is The Polyamorous Affair, but even that doesn't come so close. I'm totally awestruck by this song. It's positively infectious and let's not start on instant gratification.

"Because I feel blind, because I feel blind."

Hercules and Love Affair - Hercules' Theme
Old school disco never sounded this good. Why is it that the old stuff become in vogue only after the time has passed? Well, I guess that's why retro never goes out. Check out his love for horns and trumpets. Man, they're already in two songs.

Lindstrøm & Christabelle - Lovesick
Oh my, good stuff from Norwegian duo Lindstrøm & Christabelle, as they drop their new LP(?) "Real Life Is No Cool" next month. It's deep and slow, marauding into your brain as the rhythm sets in while the sultry vocals of Christabelle complements the hypnotic beats.

No comments: