Thursday, January 7, 2010

i'd fly away and become a bird of song



Little Dragon - Blinking Pigs(mp3)
From their marketing company's site. Interesting song. Going into the song, I heard "Phantom legs and blinking pigs haunting me" and I was piqued. Plus there was this really cool beat going on, very evenly paced and semi ambient.

Marissa Nadler - Heart Paper Lover
This song is so ridiculously beautiful and poignant. And he haunting voice. I'm suddenly finding out about all these female singers with such beautiful and affecting voices.

And all of the things that I had were songs again
Weaving the scent of the loss of your heart

Marissa Nadler - River of Dirt
Another song from her latest album "Little Hells". Much love for the video shot with the vintage look. I don't think much needs to be said of yet another brilliant song, singing of returning to her hometown (i think) and of being painfully alone.


I think the blog is becoming a little boring. Any suggestions on how to improve it? That's if anyone is willing to drop me the rare comment or email. LOL

No comments: