Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Saturday Mix #32 - love is all we are, the rest amounts to nothing



Rob - Femme et Enfant (feat. Sebastien Tellier)
I don't know what genre is this, but I can hear the piano/keyboard, bass drums and what not. But whatever it is, this song is really really good.

Owl City - Fireflies
The first thing I noticed about him was that he (Owl City = Adam Young) sounded a hell lot like someone, and a few moments later, The Postal Service popped right into my head. This was corroborated with some googling and wiki-ing of Owl City, which yielded many references to him ripping The Postal Service off. I'm not one for mudslinging really, but well, he's selling the goods and making the money (off someone's coattails, most might add). Anyhow, check out this scathing review by Pitchfork. I'm surprised they even gave him a 1, with a "review" like that, I was expecting a -100.

Owl City - Fireflies (Marlow Remix)
Ok, I actually didn't wanto give Owl City a run here. Let me tell you the whole thing. When I first heard of Owl City, I immediately went meh. I mean, Owl City? It sounds retarded. And I put off listening to anything by him. Then first came this remix via RCRD LBL, and so I just had to listen it (it's the itch, curiosity kills the cat). The remix didn't change much of the original, just taking the synth pop and adding the touch of bass and groove to make it dance floor ready. And it brought me to the original and voila, I opened up a can of worms for myself. I just had to bring this out for discussion.

So what do you think of Owl City - young chap that got a lucky break from posting his stuff on myspace or virtual rip-off who deserves nothing?

Primary 1 & Riton - Radiates

Primary 1 & Riton - Radiates (Riton Rerub)
I'm getting LAZY!

Kaskade & deadmau5 - I Remember (Strobelite Edit)

Vibrasphere - Tierra Azul
Check out this semi-ambient down-tempo track. One word - nice. One guess where they're from.


Yeahh, SWEDEN! Pure gold.

No comments: