Tuesday, September 22, 2009

six days at the bottom of the ocean



Explosions in the Sky - Your Hand In Mine
I started watching Friday Night Lights recently, and I must say I really like it. It explores real life issues that the average person faces, using football as the background. Emotionally charged, thought provoking, why the decisions are made as such, the wrong decisions leading to changed lives etc. It is exactly what this song (which is without words by the way) tries to evoke, and does so brilliantly as the opening theme song. Really wonderful job. I am enamoured. Enamoured with the show. With the song.

Explosions in the Sky - A Song for Our Fathers
I realised that they do a lot of instrumentals. And really affecting you down to the bone. It gets so intense at times, I wonder how they actually find so much intense emotions to put into these songs.

Explosions in the Sky - First Breath After Coma

Explosions in the Sky - Have You Passed Through This Night?

I've decided I really like them, it's something I can leave on repeat, doing some thinking, or doing nothing at all. letting emotions wash all over me, or just letting the music drown me. They are awesome. Just found out that they are actually an instrumental group, works just as well for me.

No comments: