Friday, September 25, 2009

X Factor UK #4 - a light hits the gloom on the gray



Passion Pit - I've Got Your Number
Less polished than their newer numbers, but shows how good they are nonetheless. It was prolly just a stepping stone to the success "Manners" is having right now.

have you seen me cryyyy/tears like diamonds

The Rifles - I Could Never Lie


And here's updates on X Factor UK!

Daniel Pearce singing Seal's Kiss From A Rose
he's so damn bloody good. but that's to be expected from someone who was from the boyband One True Voice, formed at the same time as Girls Aloud (of which Cheryl Cole is from, and is also one of the judges currently). However they disbanded, and he's here trying again. Put in just the right amount of emotion into the song, totally nailed it (in Simon's words). But it's a little unfair to the other contestants no?

Dominic Harris with Chris Brown's With You
He's got a pretty good voice, but somehow I feel R&B has a limited appeal in such a competition. Maybe it's just me.

Scott James with You Raise Me Up
He sang it with such passion, and this coming from a guy who's autistic and worked up immense courage to try for the auditions. Incredible. Very strong voice. Hope he goes far.

Amie Buck sings I'll Stand By You by Girls Aloud
She was given a second chance by Louis, and sang this song. She forgot some of the lyrics, but Cheryl Cole, ever the sweet one, chips in with some help and support. It's a damn feel good situation. Could hone her voice a bit more, and maybe she'll go far.

Curtis Moore singing Mario's Let Me Love You
He did some jail time, but found new direction - music. Simon likes him a lot, but he's got some attitude that he needs to change. I guess that comes with the age, he's only 16.

Simon: How do you think you did?
Curtis: Best I could have done.
Simon: Which is?
Curtis: What I just did.

It was pretty funny, but maybe it's the way he said it. hahah, I guess it doesn't go well with some people (particularly Simon).



omfg, i just found out Danyl Johnson, of Audition 1 has a band with his friend Nick Burrage. Check them out at their myspace. His voice is damn bloody good. I'm dead serious. Check them out now. I particularly love Beautiful Life and Give Me Your Hand.

No comments: