Friday, December 18, 2009

these things are fathomlessly out of our hands



Fyfe Dangerfield - When You Walk in the Room
I think the whole thing about him, is his unpolished voice. It lends a sort of rawness and sincerity, a bit like Jamie Archer from X Factor UK. It's unique and certainly grew on me.

i want youuuu endlessly/i love youuuu endlessly

Kings of Convenience - Misread
Don't you find their lyrics always ring so true, surely striking a chord within you? Such earnestness, he's literally pouring his heart out, even laying it bare, as seen in

All throughout history
The loneliest people
Were the ones who always spoke the truth
The ones who made a difference
By withstanding the indifference
I guess it's up to me now
Should I take that risk or just smile?

no accoutrements, no whim wham, nothing. just the guitar and their voices.

Monarchy - Gold in the Fire
The moment I clicked |>, the solid 8 beat (I think) just hit me in the face. And when lyrics started rolling, I wasn't expecting it. It's a bit balladic, plus some house thrown into the mix, that awesome falsetto. Now, who's Monarchy really? I can't find anything on their myspace nor last.fm !!!!!!

Monarchy - Black, The Colour Of My Heart
The lyrics could prolly stand on it's own, being sung just as it is. Adding the deep bass and electronic is a dash of freshness which goes down well with me. These guys are really good, and I need to know more about them.

No comments: