Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Saturday Mix #28 - i wanna breathe that fire again



It's high time I changed the picture of this weekly fixture.

The Sound of Arrows - Danger!
maybe you're in danger, and you don't even know it. don't talk to strangers and know when to quit. such cute lyrics!

The Sound of Arrows - Danger! (Mr Pedro Remix)

Animal Collective - My Girls (Gigamesh Remix)
Yes, fabulous mix of a fantastic song. The psychedelic of the song is still present, but Gigamesh throws in quite a fair bit of ravey and turns it out into a fairly danceable tune. I like it. Speaking of AC, I was actually wondering if I should even do a poll of best album of the year. But I don't think anyone would vote. HAHA.

The Killers - Read My Mind (Gabriel & Dresden Remix)
Josh and Dave take one of the hottest track's off "Sam's Town" and turn it into a trance beat. It runs a whopping 10plus minutes, with an intro and outro.

The Killers - Mr. Brightside (Jacques Lu Cont Mix)
Jacques Lu Cont, also known as Thin White Duke but his real name is Stuart Price, does his stuff on a song from their debut album "Hot Fuss"

Muse - Undisclosed Desires
The second single of "The Resistance" is smashing. Not the usual rock, more balladic but smashing nonetheless. The lyrics are so damn good as well. Top notch Muse. I really can't wait to see them in Feb.

I want to reconcile the violence in your heart
I want to recognise your beauty is not just a mask
I want to exorcise the demons from your past
I want to satisfy the undisclosed desires in your heart

Muse - Undisclosed Desires (Thin White Duke Mix)
Quite a decent mix, but I still like the original better.

No comments: