Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Saturday Mix #21 - i didn't catch the half of what had gone wrong



Lykke Li - Little Bit (Drake Remix)
Having previously featured the AutoErotique Bootleg Remix, I obviously did compare both remixes. But I can't find anything to fault with either remix, they're both so fantastic.

Kings of Convenience - I Don't Know What I Can Save You From
It's so wistful and melancholic. Stripped down and raw.

Kings of Convenience - I Don't Know What I Can Save You From (Röyksopp Remix)
I think Röyksopp has really done a very good job. I mean usually a remix changes the song quite a lot, like the pace, the beats, maybe extra lines or sorts, but the song hasn't lost the longing that you can hear in the original.

Pass Into Silence - Voices (Gabriel & Dresden Mix)

Bon Iver - Blood Bank (Duosseudo Remix)
It totally sounds different, but I kinda like it. And I'm pretty surprised, and I mean really surprised, that there's a Bon Iver remix. It's like how you don't do remixes off The Antlers' "Hospice". You know?

The Killers - Human (Armin Van Buuren Remix)

The Killers - Human (Thin White Dukes Remix)
These two remixes are here obviously for comparison's sake. I prefer AVB's.

No comments: