Thursday, October 15, 2009

oh reckless abandon, like no one's watching you



The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition
When my friend introduced them to me, I was wondering who they are, because he said they're from down under, and the only band I've listened to from there, is Empire of the Sun. He assured me they were awesome, and the moment the first beat sailed right out of the speakers, I knew he wasn't wrong. And that I'm going to love them. Vocalist Dougy Mandagi was supposedly from Indonesia, he also does the guitar. Jonathon Aherne's on bass while Lorenzo Sillitto plays the lead guitar and keyboards.Finally, there's Toby Dundas giving the beats. This song is featured on (500)Days of Summer(both the official trailer and OST) starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel. They've moved to London to try and build a fan base there and crack the UK market.

Something of note is that they are signed to Glassnote Records in the US, which notably manages Secondhand Serenade and Phoenix. This is a sign of the things to come from them. All the songs featured in this post are from their album "Conditions".

The Temper Trap - Science of Fear
Very very nice and interesting video accompanying it.

The Temper Trap - Fools
I like this sound that's quite evident in the album. It's not that stripped down to be lo-fi, cause there're parts where the drums feature quite prominently. But neither is it like full fledged all out rock. Good balance I must say. Suits Dougy's vocals.

No comments: