Wednesday, December 15, 2010

you arrest my heart, but i knew this from the start




Julian Casablancas - 11th Dimension
In a very Tron-ish outfit, frontman of The Strokes reels off some uber power packed electronic bingbang that strikes home. Btw, for all Strokes fans out there, they are releasing a new album sometime next March if you already didn't know.

Monarchy - Maybe I'm Crazy
I don't know how these guys do it, but they churn out dance hit after dance hit, impeccable ones at that. I've not found a single song that has let me down yet, and this clearly is no exception. Lush and deep bass that oozes sexiness with a touch of synths that sparkle - proclaiming their place among the stars. It's extremely delectable and remix worthy. I love the groove and of course, catchy lyrics.

Monarchy - Travelling By Ambulance
A more balladic piece which stands out against the rest in that it's a different approach, with decidedly more focus on the lyrics and letting the beats take backstage just for once. I mean, I never expected lines like "you're the sweetest curse" from them. Taking the analogy further, this is definitely more down to earth, more human. If I were an astronaut, I'd definitely take their new album which drops in Jan 2011 with me. Also, I hope their broadcast of their live performance to space gets picked up by extraterrestrials and maybe, just maybe, they start grooving to it.

No comments: