Tuesday, December 14, 2010

the distant hum that blooms as we run



Memoryhouse - Caregiver
Deeply affecting piano-based song, at once full of grandeur and excruciatingly intimate with surrealistic vocals that speak of ghosts and cracked spools. It is because of songs like that that I ache to be able to create such amazing music, yet I know I have no talent for such. I'm pretty sure even the most undiscerning ear can appreciate this precious gem.

Wolf Gang - Lions in Cages
Good song but I don't feel it as much as The King and All of His Men. I think it's really awesome and super catchy now, it's grown on me!

Wolf Gang - Back to Back
Curiously different from the kooky catchy The King and All of His Men, it presents a more mellow and emotional side of Mr McElligott, who seems to wear his heart on his sleeve in this number, as he hits an extended falsetto crooning "sleeping with my back to yours, back to back, back to back were strung out". Interesting stuff, keep a look out for his new album next year - "Suego Faults".

Click through the banner below the video for a download offered by the man himself.

The Vaccines - Blow It Up
Oh my, what awesome guitar skimming riffs that just ooze 80s rock.

Blow, blow, blow it up - this might just be the birth of a new rock band. Warbly guitars and hazy reverbs abound, they are certainly making known their arrival.

No comments: