Thursday, February 18, 2010

sick of dressing like a human when i'm feeling like a leopard



Kings of Convenience - Winning A Battle, Losing The War
Exquisite song about either unrequited love or deep friendship, but I'm thinking more the former. These two guys are such excellent musicians with superb lyricism, oh how I envy them.

St. Vincent - Marrow
The distorted guitars when she sings "H-E-L-P, help me, help me" is a brilliant touch to the song.

Harlem Shakes - Strictly Game
Soooo upbeat and fun. The video stumped me initially, I was wondering why everyone was saying it's such a brilliant idea, before I realised that it wasn't a photo stream in a video, it was them keeping still and being filmed - you can see the slight movements in some of them. Totally unexpected but creative as hell, I think the director of the video got his inspiration from many user uploaded vids of songs, where it starts with the song title and band name, and the rest would be just a million of the band's photos until the end.

Dooey Decibel - Summer Underwear (mp3)
With a name like that, his songs had better be fun. And he doesn't disappoint. A medley of electronic sounds and guitar, he melds one fine cutesy song that's a little high on the sugar level. I reckon it would fit well in any animation video, or even a stop motion video.

No comments: