Thursday, February 11, 2010

the loop line takes you round and through



Hercules & Love Affair - Blind
This song is making me go insane. The more I listen to it, the deeper it gets entrenched in this far-reaching and murky crevice of my brain. The song is drawing my entire consciousness into that small entity residing in that very unknown crevice, much like a black hole. The pulsing beat and especially the horn section would start going off in my head for no reason, it's so bloody infectious. Lush and full-bodied, it's almost like restrained insanity, I'm awash with different feelings all at the same time (epiphany doesn't feel like the right word, somehow.) The song is going to consume me.

Letting Up Despite Great Faults - In Steps
I love this. Hazy guitars again, dream-popish, vocals that are almost smothered by said guitars. Warm and fuzzy feeling that's making me feel all good.

Discovery - Osaka Loop Line
I'm being overrun, overwhelmed, overdosed with synths tonight. Not that it's a bad thing. The synths here almost sound like the background sounds in this MS-DOS game I used to play, can't remember the game name though. Hmms, is it tetris? DAMN IT. Hate this feeling of not being able to remember stuff.

No comments: