Friday, February 26, 2010

i'll be the one to show you the way



Holiday for Strings - particles
Hello, I'm Alice and welcome to woozy wooonderland. That's exactly what I feel about this song. HfS is a quintet with Pony who also drums for Thieves Like Us. Also on board is John from Swedish band Peter, Bjorn and John. The remaining 3 guys are from professions you'd least expect. All 3 are professional chefs! How funky is that? How's that for good food on the road while touring.

Chew Lips - Karen
Check out the latest drop from Chew Lips. I don't understand what's all the bashing and hate going on, while the video isn't spectacular or outstanding, one has to realise the strength of Chew Lips lies in Tig's voice. Gee, music is all about expression. But I don't think expression of hate is the way to go. I read that they just blow you away live, while I prolly don't have the chance to hear them live just yet, but if they are anything like The xx, I'm pretty sure they're damn good.

Lovvers - OCD GO GO Girls
Buzzy voice which brings to mind those scratchy tapes from the 40s or 50s, and the jumpy mood brought about by rabid drumming and bouncy riffs. The first few seconds into the song sounded uncannily like Kings of Leon's Sex on Fire but all similarity ends there.

Kings of Leon - The Bucket
Old stuff is gold.

No comments: