Monday, November 16, 2009

won't you take me to the queen of hearts



Fuck Buttons - The Lisbon Maru
Hell, I didn't know what the song title means, but a simple wiki turned this up. Lisbon Maru was a Japanese freighter which was used as a troopship and prisoner-of-war transport between China and Japan. I don't know whether it was drawn from this, but this song has awesome bass. I feel fantastic just listening to it.

Fuck Buttons - Surf Solar
Well, as one user put it, fookin choooon mate!!

choon:

A song or any piece of music to which an individual assigns the highest level of merit but most usually an exclamation upon hearing the song in public.

"Bohemian Rhapsody! CHOON!"

Wolf Gang - The King And All Of His Men
This is all I can glean on him. Wolf Gang is the stage name of Max McElligott from London, UK, son of a historian and a violinist and former student at the prestigious London School of Economics. Many say he sounds like Mika, and I won't deny he sounds like the Mika from "Life In Cartoon Motion".

autoKratz - Always More
Oh my. The synths are out of this world. It feels so surreal. autoKratz are a London based electronic duo comprising of David Cox and Russell Crank. This is definitely for the dancefloor - get it down. I love duos, somehow it's just two people making things work - a symphony of two. In this post alone, it's autoKratz and Fuck Buttons. There's also Handsome Furs, The Big Pink, Kings of Convenience, Röyksopp, Crystal Castles and Air France to name a few.

No comments: