Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Saturday Mix #25 - you caught me under false pretense



The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - Higher Than the Stars (Saint Etienne Visits Lord Spank Mix)
Pretty long band name plus 2 collabs on the remix = what a mouthful this title is. Very slow version, almost fit for ballroom dancing.

Muse - Supermassive Black Hole (Emre B Remix)
The remix at times tends to overwhelm the song, but overall pretty decent remix.

Miike Snow - Black & Blue (Jaymo & Andy George Remix)

Feist - My Moon My Man (Boys Noize Classic Remix)
I had never ever expected there to be a remix of such a song! It's like does Rachael Yamagata have a remix? Maybe I should go check it out and see if there's a remix of her. This is really cool, probably Alexander Ridha (Boys Noize is just his stage name) running his voice through the vocoder to give that "My Moon My Man" backdrop beat. FUNKY! And he doesn't ruin the original at that, it's more intertwined, giving My Moon My Man an alternative life as a dance song. It's a real pleasant surprise.

Two Door Cinema Club - I Can Talk (Crystal Fighters Remix)
Remember them? Here's a Crystal Fighters remix.

Passion Pit- Sleepyhead (LOL Boys Remix)
I don't like the first 2 minutes of the song, where they just added in stuff for the sake of doing so. The portion where the remix was done on the song was so much better. It would suffice if you cut the first 2 minutes off.

MSTRKRFT - Heartbreaker (feat. John Legend) (Laidback Luke Remix)
Dutch maestro Luke van Scheppingen gives his spin on this MSTRKRFT favourite.

No comments: