Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Saturday Mix #14 - today is saturday.



Oh dear me. it's the last Saturday of the month already. Anyway, on Monday, there's gonna be the end of month post, so look out for it!

I think I should be changing The Saturday Mix a bit. I'm gonna start posting remixes of songs and awesome dancier soongs. Sometimes there'd be the occasional house track. Think I sorta did that the last Saturday, so anyhow, here goes!


Arctic Monkeys - Dangerous Animals (The Raged Remix)
Here's the guys who brought you Brianstorm and their latest single(?) Crying Lightning. The original Dangerous Animals is here but I'm more or less neutral towards it.

OH MY GOD. the start to this remix, SOUNDS SO MUCH LIKE ANOTHER SONG AND I CAN'T PUT A NAME TO THE SONG. MY HEAD BLANKED OUT, SOMEONE HELP ME OUT. there's the lyrics "i'll never find you"

Passion Pit - The Reeling (Shuttle's Super Club Mega Mix '99)
New boys who've come rocking into electronic town has Shuttle to call their own. Nate Donmoyer who plays the drums, IS Shuttle! This "self-remix" is good stuff. Frenchkiss Records has got gold in their hands. First Passion Pit, and now The Antlers.

The Raged - Home Experiment
There's no lyrics, but hell this doesn't take away the awesomeness in this song.

Shakira - She Wolf (Calvin Harris Remix)
I heard She Wolf somewhere, can't remember. Then I chanced upon this Calvin Harris remix, and it's made the song way more suited for the dancefloor. Makes the original very muted after listening to this. And I don't really fancy the pseudo wolf howling in the original.

John Legend - Everybody Knows (RAC Remix)
Those who haven't listened to the MSTRKRFT song Heartbreaker featuring John Legend should really go listen to it now. And here's the original Everybody Knows. And this song is indeed dope.

deadmau5 - Faxing Berlin

Empire of the Sun - We Are The People
the scent of lemon, drips from your eyes/we are the people who rule the world

No comments: