Tuesday, July 5, 2011

i will hold on to you like a fool till my hands go blue



Think I'm just gonna do a Monarchy post. They've released tons of songs without actually releasing a full album, but they've finally decided to do so. Their debut album "Around The Sun" which will drop in about 6 days is a chockful of goodness, almost all of which has been released or floating around the interweb already. Pardon my excessive posting of Monarchy stuff (I've posted almost everything they have I think), but I really love their music. Don't think I'll ever tire of it.

Monarchy - You Don't Want to Dance With Me
This track has actually been around for quite some time, I'm surprised I didn't listen to it before. Big fat drumbeats invite you into this council of sound, curated by none other than the two kings of spacey electronic sounds behind their masks. Toss in some snazzy electrowork and scratching, with some cheesy (well, it works all the same) lyrics, you've got a sure fire hit among Monarchy fans.

Monarchy - Call
Heady mix of twinkly samples, fat beats and casual vocals in a part downtempo, part trance-ish dance track.

Monarchy - Floating Cars
I would hazard to say that Monarchy are synonymous with atmospheric spacey sounds incorporated into very catchy dance tracks. They do it with such panache and as much as some might say it gets boring, I'm sure they're getting themselves heard.

No comments: