Thursday, April 22, 2010

fall left me with this winter so cold



Photo from Bunny Bissoux.

Oh my, it's been a while. How I've missed talking about music. I apologise to the few readers I have for the lack of posts, been a whirlwind of crap since the last post. Was pretty hectic as I was doing some last minute preparations for my europe trip and then now trip's cancelled cos Eyjafjallajokull erupted, and thereafter, busy with trying to get my insurance claims going. Now I'm planning for Japan, trying to leave asap, and fingers crossed, hope nothing like Eyjafjallajokull happens again, otherwise I'd lose faith with travelling and just stick to staying in this island city.

jj - Let Go
Let Go is from their 2nd album, simply titled "jj n° 3". Gently led into by what probably are harmonica samples, we are presented with a stunning introduction to a song that borders on folk, classical, balearic and electronic, maybe even more. Seemingly like a mish mash of genres, everything somehow dovetails beautifully into an enchanting song. Subtle with alluring vocals, the duo of Joakim Benon and Elin Kastlander show no signs of letting up.

Monarchy - The Phoenix Alive
Have a good listen to the latest outfit to hit the electronic scene in UK. A disco-esque vibe that resonates as they barely sing above the synths effortlessly, the pulsating and solid beat akin to sparkling stars in the galaxy apt as they sing of stars in their eyes.

Lusine - Jetstream(mp3)
More ambient music for the senses, the echoing synths going off like dominoes in an ethereal soundscape as tinkly sounds like wind chimes join in the musical medley and permeates the snug cocoon formed by the wonderful sounds, definitely a treat for the sonic palate. Take a walk down the neon lit streets of Tokyo on a cool evening, as streams of people go by, cars flash past, you realise you're only but one amongst many in this metropolis.

No comments: