Tuesday, November 16, 2010

everything we do depends on the free choice



Picture from an awesome blog by stefany.


I stumbled upon them, but busy as I am, I've gotta share this with everyone. They're ridiculously incredible - like a cross between explosions in the sky with m83, and that something more.

As The Stars Fall - Revolt
Somehow they manage to blend ambient instrumentals with a post-rock sounds, yet incorporating a largely electronica rhythm. Awesome stuff.

As The Stars Fall - No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Like many of their other songs, they make good use of samples to set the tone for the song.

As The Stars Fall - Artificial Sun
Lo-fi and ambient at the same time, and more post-rock again, I love how they totally marry these together.

I've been noticing a couple of comments about how they resemble m83 a lot, but my take is that their major influence is m83. even if they did really copy their stuff, m83 is still m83, no one can take it away from them. At worst, all As The Stars Fall will sound like is pretenders but for the moment, let's just embrace the good music.

No comments: